Re: Brain Fried L Mhy

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:17:39 +0100

> From: "Ian Thomson" <arkat_at_...>
>Subject: Brain Fried L Mhy
>
>I've invented a Supporting Character who used to be a L Mhy, but was
>thrown out of the temple for forging passes and other documents
>
>Now, according to the Jolsadaring information this isn't possible, since the
>apostate's brain would be devoured from within, and h'e be dead
>
>My question is, how are exceptions possible?
>I think it would be a poor world if there is no room for exceptions.
>Does he have to be 'illuminated'?
>That seems a bit of a catch all, but may in the end be the simplest answer

He is protected by something that resists the Reprisal Agent? Iron Will 2W2, ancient amulet ...?

He has been posessed by a ghost that can access his abilities, but is not vulnerable to the Agent of Reprisal (because it isn't an initiate of LM)?

He didn't know he was forging the documents? He was tricked into making "copies"?

He had an accomplice who "ate dirt" and took the blame ...?

... just a few thoughts off the top of my head ...

Thom