Style

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:59:30 -0000

I am interested in people playng style. Usually, in an extended contest we will treat a given hero's opponents as a group. So in a fight, if Harmast is faced by two warriors of the Scumbag clan (warrior 17), we would treat them as agroup with 34AP. Now while Multiple opponent penalties still apply there is a change in the outcomes here because Harmast's opponents are only making one roll per round, not two.

I guess we have adopted this pattern for extended contests for two reasons. 1: It balances with the treatment of the hero and his/her followers as a unit. 2: Its faster in and requires less bookeeping in play.

Now I don;t think that there is a right/wrong answer, but I am interested in how others have been handling this situation and their experiences of doing it their way.

Ian Cooper