Re: Tweaking augments/Increasing Wealth

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:50:08 +0100

> > So, given we know a cow (average!!) is worth 20 wealth, this gives :
>
> I don't think that's right. If you have wealth 20, it doesn't mean
> you're "worth" exactly 1 cow, it means you have a 50%(ish) chance of
> being able to _buy_ a cow, with the readily disposable assets you have
> to hand. I'd have guessed 20 would be more about the wealth level
> of a decently well-off carl, who would be worth many cows "on paper"
> (and indeed have several actual cows -- isn't 8 animals the requirement?).

Ah, once again we agree without seeming to.

I wasn't meaning to suggest that someone with wealth 20 had exactly one cow, or the equivalent in the culture of your choice. More that one cow 'relates' to 20 wealth - in the manner you mentioned, and also for ideas of whether there were enough cows to increase your wealth significantly.

You are, of course, correct about the meaning of wealth on the character sheet.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson