Re: Wealth without Loot (Was: Qualitytable)

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:21:54 -0700

Roderick posits the elegant

> If I add one cow to my herd
> of 500, and spend 1HP on the increase, I get +1 Wealth. If I add 20 cows to
> my herd of 5, and spend 1HP on it, I get +1 Wealth.

I rather like this (and the concept of using loot to increase skills other than Wealth), but it does sort of reduce the game incentive to steal 20 cows rather than 1.

I haven't been running HW lately due to family constraints, but I would be tempted to give directed HP awards if there was lots of loot (i.e. "Here's a Hero Point, but you have to use it to cement the loot"). With more such HP if there were more loot.

(I think my games have seldom had that much loot, though one character got to cement a sailing ship for 1 HP once...)

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>