Re: Fumble vs Fumble

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:59:52 -0000

> I don't know if this topic has been discussed before. I found a bit
> odd the 'Fumble vs Fumble' result in the Simple Contest Chart:

> What do you think? Is there any reason for the 'Complete Defeats'
> result?

Well, if you think 'fumble' means 'leave yourself open to the enemy', then yes, both of you fumbling is LESS hazardous than only one, since neither score a hit. However, think of some physical situations: two people fighting on a rope bridge. Two people playing chicken with a charging Triceratops. Two people challenging each other to a drinking contest. In these cases, both could easily be completely defeated and left helpless and possibly dying...

Wulf