Re: Automatic augments: no more ranks?

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:24:42 -0000

> Enchanted items can be written into the character descriptions -
just
> include them in your hundred words or list. If you wish something
more
> powerful than your starting abilities allow, you could always talk
the GM
> into allowing you to have it as an ally.

They can be written in, but there are no guidelines in the rules for doign so. How much of an edge, or AP bonus, or whatever might it give? The draft had nice rules for handling this, but they didn't make it to the final cut.

> Personally, I allow exceptional (named) equipment to be given an
ability
> rating. I view the distinction between mundane and magical in
Glorantha as
> rather vague. A normal sword used by a hero becomes magical, if the
> association is long enough.

There's nothing wrong with people having magical abilities that come from items (rings of power, etc), but not all magcial items created by the enchantment rules are of that nature.

Simon Hibbs