RE: HP bumps.

From: MCGINNESS, Stephen <mcginnesss_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:12:50 +0100

> This isn't a bad idea. I've been toying with making HP (for bump
> -up)purposes in some way inherently "flavoured", in some fashion I
> can't quite properly articulate.

I had been looking at Hero Points with the thought of requiring them to be 'dedicated' by players. I haven't thought this through so any comment is welcome. I was thinking of disallowing (or restricting) the use of 'raw' hero points to bump rolls. Instead they would have to dedicate hero points to the Gods out of game (ie before each adventure, or at set points within the adventure where time would be available for the ritual). That's where I got stuck, I like the idea of dedicating points to Orlanth or to Ernalda but how would that affect their use later on. Would it matter? Should there be a simple contest on the roll depending on its dedication?

Is this all too complicated????

:-)