Re: Re: HP bumps.

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 14:51:19 +0100

Darran wrote:
> I think that giving NPCs HP will allow the players' Heroes treat the
> Narrators NPC villain to be treated like a player character i.e. with
> respect. The villain will be able to counter the good luck or fate the
> Heroes have

You seem to be saying that it is 'unfair' (to the Narrator, I assume) that the players get HPs, but that NPCs don't. I don't think that asymmetry is at all unfair. The Narrator gets to secretly design the scenes, the NPCs and the sequence of scenes. The PCs have no similar control over the course of the game; isn't that 'unfair' (to the players)? Player bumps using HPs counteract that.

When might NPC HP bumps be a 'good idea', in your opinion?