Re: Equipment

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:25:44 -0000

> If I'm playing a Heortling game, I guess that my characters 90% of
the time
> will meet other Heortlings, not Trolls or Ducks.

Fine, no problem there.

> So what is it best, to modify the statistics of 90% of the people
you meet
> AND to modify the statistics of the other 10%, too, or to just
modify the
> latter?

The best solution IMHO is use a universaly applicable scale, and never have to modify anything, no matter what game you're running.

Presumably you're stuck because the AR stats don't suit this way of doing things. We know that, and it has been extensively discussed here before. So much the worse for the AR stats. I like AR becasue it's got good background material in it, but roll my onw stats, using it for occasional inspiration.

I spotted your Small Dog 13 example. IMHO Small Dogs should by rights have Small at about 15w. This makes them very hard to hit and bloodey annoying for beginning characters. Good. It also means starting characters can't be unreasonably small without having a suitable racial package. Also fine by me.

Simon Hibbs