Re: Changes from HeroWars to HeroQuest

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:35:42 -0700

Dave on my summary:

> He pretty much covered it. The only thing I'd add...
>
>> Magic is more expensive to improve (the average person will spend 2
>> HP to improve a talent, feat, or spell).
>
> This applies only to mixed magic (having, for instance, affinities as
> well as fetishes or charms). If you "concentrate" your magic, the costs
> are basically as HW.

True. I left this out intentionally in an effort to simplify -- IIRC, Oliver wanted beginning characters, and I had mentioned Common Magic. I had figured that they could decide to concentrate once the rules were published.

Concentrating means using a single magic system exclusively (and technically is unusual if you choose to use the Common Magic system, though players are given a way around that).

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>