RE: Re: Changes from HeroWars to HeroQuest

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:54:01 -0400

David on Dave:

>Dave on my summary:

>> He pretty much covered it. The only thing I'd add...
>>
>>> Magic is more expensive to improve (the average person will spend 2
>>> HP to improve a talent, feat, or spell).
>>
>> This applies only to mixed magic (having, for instance, affinities as
>> well as fetishes or charms). If you "concentrate" your magic, the costs
>> are basically as HW.

>True. I left this out intentionally in an effort to simplify -- IIRC,
>Oliver wanted beginning characters, and I had mentioned Common Magic.
>I had figured that they could decide to concentrate once the rules
>were published.

I don't think I'd actually mentioned what sort of campaign it was. In reality it's a continuation of my RQ3 campaign so I need animism unfortunately since one of the characters follows Waha. Looks like I'm going to have to wait since I can't tell what the differences are between all the types of common magic, i.e. who has them, how they get them, etc., etc. Oh well.

These are well-established characters so it's not at all unlikely that they're going to have more than one type of magic.

Thanks,

Oliver