Bumps and Shoves

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:27:23 EDT

I am thinking of changing how Bumps work when Hero Points are used. It is really an attempt to make the heroic "I'm going to die but I'll take a lot of the enemy with me" tactic more likely. I am trying to think out any consequences of this change that might put me off. Here is the change:

Hero Points can be spent to Shove any result across the table if the Actor is playing the Hero Point, down the table if the Opponent is playing the Hero Point.

Bumps due to masteries have not changed.

[from the Actors perspective this become Bump Up, Shove Across]

My thinking is that it might speed up extended contests (more forfeits, less transfers) and allow a heroic loss of AP in order to wipe out a powerful enemy. (ie deliberate "both suffer complete defeat, forfiet x2". It means that high abilities mean you do not fail, but Heroes do fail but in unexpected ways that mean they may still achieve their objective.

I considered allowing both shoves and bumps as options but quite liked the added consequence of not letting Heroes use HPs as get out of jail cards.

Keith