Re: Repeating heroquests

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:58:36 +0100

> > Is the rule really part of Gloranthan reality? I suspect it's just a
> > kludge to prevent gross power gaming abuses (I defeat X and thus gan
> > +N to Y; repeat.).
>
>I'm certain Greg has alluded to this long time since, and not in the
>context of (any of) the game(s). So I think it is part of (his)
>Gloranthan reality, but even if YGDNV in this instance, I think one
>needs to be alive to certain subtleties of interpretation.

Pretty much agree with Alex here. By way of example of a "subtle interpretation", one suggestion for how "Harmast" did the Lightbringer's Quest twice was that *he* didn't. The second time he was just the "faceless companion" of a guy he trained. So someone else was the "main character" - Harmast "just" whispered advise in his ear, leant power to his sword for the fights, etc. Another example is Arkat, who did the same quest twice, but from opposite sides. I reckon that "only once" is a normal part of Glorantha, but that the powerful and interesting heroes find ways to break the rule.

Cheers,
Graham