Re: Re: liturgists like it small!

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:45:16 -0500

>From: "simon_hibbs2" <simon.hibbs_at_...>

> > I can't believe that I of all people am bringing this up, but
>wouldn't that
> > lead to players taking Abilities labeled things like Incinerate
>Horde? Or
> > Cure Nation?
>
>It would, but for example a hore would not merely defend with a
>default resistance of 14. That might include auto-augments from every
>member of it. You might be able to attack them as a group, but they
>would defend as a group too.

The only limiting thing, then is the fact that I'd have an improv penalty to go lower. Basically in terms of balance, does that improv penalty balance out against the multiple target penalty? I'm not too sure.

>Likewise the difficulty of curing a
>nation would be far, far greater than the default. Any disease on
>that scale would surely incorporate some powerful magical
>manifestation.

Powerful so as to overcome the augments again? I'm buying it, but it seems tenuous (also I want to buy it, so that makes me suspicious). :-)

Mike

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com