Re: Argument overridden

From: Simon Hibbs <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:56:44 +0100

That's true, but only defeat in a contest can do this. The GM saying you haven't
got enough APs do decide to do this or that doesn't cut it.

later:

>I disagree here. Just as the events of the contest may have
>(temporary) physical effects within the contest, affecting the
>actions available (e.g. a character may fall over) they may also have
>(temporary) psychological effects which affect the actions available
>to a character.

So in this specific case, what event in the game world prevented the cavalryman from deciding to try and force his way through? If there is one then fine, I don't think anyone would argue with you, but so far you're only been citing nebulous 'narative' reaons why the cavalryman can't try what he wants. If there's a real reason, what is it?

Simon Hibbs