Re: Re: Armour

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:01:33 +0100

Bryan:

> Just by-the-by, I think the proper ability of Frodo's mithril shirt,
> the way it was used in the movie anyway, was "survive battle" at some
> obscene level. So it is not all that useful except when survival is
> in doubt, however it would still give the usual benefits of a chain
> shirt (+3 on appropriate conditions).

In RoK, the mithril shirt is also useful to evade orcs torture or even to kill a whole watchtower :)
"I attack the watchtower, augmented by the darkness, my anger, Sting, the Elendil flask and the Mithril Shirt ability".

"Wait, you don't have the mithril shirt, it's Frodo's". "Yeah, but orcs will be fighting for it. There, I spend 1 HP to make it happen."

Maybe Frodo's player decided to put some HP in a new 'mithril shirt' ability instead of putting everything in 'willpower'.

        Philippe