RE: Balastor & the Trollkin

From: Stephen McGinness <stephenmcg_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:24:13 -0000

> > Balastor has a CC of 10w3
> > 10 Trollkin Warriors with CC of 5W
>
> The 10 trollkin are toast, period, barring a complete run totally
> scrwed up dice rolling (yeah, *I* could roll a string of fumbles/failures
like that,
> but how many people have *my* lousy dice luck?). There is no way that the
> contest is anywhere close to even. An Ambush, or creative magic use, might
> even out the odds, but as it stands 10 5w opponents can't take
> down a single 10w3 without a run of luck.

My idea was that in any one round he'd be facing 10 trollkin but that any that were killed would be indefinitely replaced. Sure it might take a while to get that first 7AP transfer but that brings the chance of the next one down etc etc.

This kind of contest enforces the scene where the little guys have to suffer huge casualties and slowly bring down the hero due to a myriad of little cuts and wounds.

> Balastar attacking six trollkin in one shot has a -15 mod, for
> 15w2, and the trollkin get six rolls at 5w to compare against it.

As he's bidding 50 AP then I guess he'll only attack four trollkin then and give himself the opportunity to gain those 100 AP with the best shot - so 1W3 against the best of 4 rolls on 5W. I'll take the odds! :-)