Re: Subcults

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:30:28 -0000

I've got a question related to that. If a Devotee learns a feat from another subcult that fits within one the affinities of the cult in which he is a Devotee, does that he have that feat as part of the affinity or as a stand alone feat? For example, if a Destor devotee with a Wind affinity of 1W5 learns Daylanus's Blow Out Fire feat, does it become part of the Wind affinity at 1W5 or start at 13 like any other ability? Thunder Rebels pg 69 has an example in which a devotee of Destor/initiate of Daylanus can learn all the Daylanus Wind feats this way, but of course that's for a full initiation into another subcult, complete with time/resources requirements.

My own unofficial answer would be that the feat is learned at the affinity level, but after a certain amount determined by the narrator the time/resources requirement will increase, much like a practitioner with many fetishes.

                                                    Mark Mohrfield