RE: Re: Exploiting sidekicks

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:46:17 -0600

>--- In HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com, "Petersen, Soren"
> > Say I have a sidekick with the following description: "Saufilas -
>Dara Happan 14, Scholar 20, Devoted to Irippi Ontor 20"...
> > would I then have access to all Irippi Ontor feats at a rating of
>20?

>From: "Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...>
>
>I'd say yes. But then he would have to have paid 9 points to get
>the keyword up to 20.

Hmmm. Now I'm wondering about how it works. I had assumed that, just as you can't raise your hero's keywords with points that you can't raise a sidekick's. In any case, where do you get the three points per rule? Are you thinking in terms of affinities being three to raise? If so, and that's what's happening, wouldn't that be 27 points for three affinities (each going up three three-point cost levels) or something?

I had assumed that you couldn't raise the abilities under the keywords at all as it didn't seem that they were to be listed. OTOH, it does seem that you can develop such characters "normall" after chargen, so I'm not sure. One thing that I would have appreciated would have been if they'd clarified whether points of this nature work exactly like HP in terms of costs. I assume, for instance that from your original 20 points spent on abilities that raising an affinity for a concentrated theist would cost 3, and not just one. It may say this at some point, but then calling them Hero Points (or something else, and saying that HP can be used as these other points) would have clarified things.

Mike

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/