RE: Re: Religion and Childbirth

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:03:01 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

> > From: jeffrichard68
> > I'd be reluctant to let you use your relationship with the
> > Temple of Vinga as an augment.
>
>FWIW, ST tells us that "Vinga.... is present at difficult childbirths."
>
>Her mythic presence at childbirths seems to be limited to keeping
>attackers off the mother, who has enough problems without that.
>
>Not much of a link, but if you want it, it's there.

Oh, fer crying out loud...how about Babeester Gor? Does she have anything to do with childbirth? Aren't there any female deities that don't have anything to do with childbirth?

Heck, for purposes of my example, can't women be members of male cults? That is can a female be a member of the Destor cult? For my question, then, would this mean rejecting her womanhood, and expecting never to have children?

Mike

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/