RE: Re: City gods

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:42:01 +0100

> --- In HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Metcalfe
> > >Or a friendly local city-god who will honor your connection with
> Pavis by granting magic.
> >
> > I can't think of any in Sartar, can you?
> >
> > --Peter Metcalfe
> >

> And here we have a classic case of MGF running into the dreaded GENRE
> PATROL.
>
> Me? I'd say Pavis cannot project his magic - UNLESS the player or
> character finds a way to do so.
>
> Jeff

Quite. Or indeed unless the GM finds a way to do so. Making it *generally* possible would alter their Glorantha significantly from the standard, which may or may not worry them. Making it possible for one person under limited circumstances - why not?

And where does it specifically say that, for instance, the city guardian of Jonstown does NOT have an "arrangement" with Pavis, and *will* not, even after persuasion? I can't seem to find the reference myself.