RE: PC with no magic

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:07:03 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

>What abilities would he be left with?

Well, all his mundane ones. So it seems to me that mighty warrior types will just be less flashy, and probably just as interesting from that POV. Or do I misunderstand the question.

>Would he even have anything left that could resist magical attacks?

Good question. Obviously, again, the mundane abilities such as they are allowed (which is a debate I don't want to get into again). But in terms of magic, I'd say that he'd be pretty much out of luck. That is, if his god isn't giving him offensive ability, then I don't see why he'd have any defensive abillity.

>Does he have followers in other cults who can help him out?

Good point. Might not be able to use magic directly, but his friends can. That's a nice end around.

>It would be interesting to play out - what does it feel like to be a
>Devotee deprived of your magic? Add up the sum of all his affinities,
>give him that as a "homesick" flaw?

Yeah, that was somewhat like what I suggested in the other thread. I think this sort of theme is really pertinent to HQ storylines. I love the idea of characters pulled from their homes. And this is so important given the idea of a group of Heroes from various areas all working together. Sure, for a gang of Heortlings, they can just hang around home. But for the characters that might be from afar, again, you run into a similar problem with not having the NPC families and villages, etc, to rely upon.

Mike