RE: You're in the army now

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:04:05 +0100

> > It didn't seem that hard. If we were in an Orlanthi campaign, we'd
> > expect a mix of cults. Instead we're from an Empire that
> prides itself
> > on being inclusive - why is it suddenly so much harder to
> have a mix
> > of PCs? (I'm trying hard not to let my natural anti-Lunar
> prejudices
> > resurface here.)
>
> But all the characters would have been Heortling. You've got
> for different *cultures* here (letalong four different cults).

Maybe this is where I'm going wrong (being Orlanthi at heart). I think of "Lunar" as a culture. Roughly the way I think of "British" as a culture. OK, so the Welsh haven't quite realised they lost a war a few centuries ago yet and keep trying to continue it, (and some people are still arguing over Senlac Hill) we've got lots of different languages (not to mention mutually incompehensible dialects) and deity-only knows how many religions, but we're all British. Whatever that means. And yes, I do celebrate Chinese New Year, given some local Chinese friends to do the cooking. And St David's Day, and St Patrick's Day. And plan on going Up North to help celebrate Hogmanay. I must be one of those 10% people....

> Are there any other coloniae around? Are you four (and
> followers) the only ones being settled here?

Undecided - it seems unlikely to me. After all, we have no farming skills at all between us. How do Lunars usually work these land grant things? All I know is the mention of a "verro" on ILH p. 13.