Poker Chips (Was: Digest Number 1713)

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:40:37 -0600

>From: simonbrayuk_at_...

>My group also uses this system to great effect, it speeds up extended
>contests no end and I love it when someone pushes all their chips into the
>centre
>of the table and says 'okay, i am really going for it now'.

Heh, to follow the current trend in poker of playing Tournament Texas Hold em, that would be "Going All In." Or, in older parlance, "Betting the Farm."

I think this is very cool because of the tactile nature of the resource. That is the player can see and feel his APs draining away. Also good for counting up augments. I may have to try this out.

That said, it's all backwards, because instead of getting more chips when you win (except in the case of a transfer), the opponent simply loses chips to the bank. Has anyone seen a poker version of the mechanic where you simply try to end up with all of the opponent's chips? Hmmm.

Mike