Re: What useful purpose do the concentrated magic rules serve?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:36:58 -0000

When I ran a game as a newbie narrator I just told everyone they were devotees of whatever Orlanthi God they chose. Its a quick way to start. It also works well with con games.

Is it super realistic roleplaying cultural simulation - probably not. Is it good old fashioned heroic movie type fun - I think so.

Therefore I never really got into having to dump otherworlds and stuff or thinking it they were unnecessary. If my guys ran across a wizard or a Shaman I just made up what I thought was cool stuff and adjusting numbers to challenge the players.

I think Mike Holmes made the point that its fun and ineteresting to debate these issues, but as to having much impact in the average game - then I'm not convinced.

Regards
Rob