RE: Re: Saga system

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:30:06 +0000

> --- paul_at_... wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that new and
>> challenging situations would tend to improve ability
>> faster than working on something that the character
>> has already mastered.
>
>Here is where my maths really falls over, because I've
>heard that HQ uses a "logarithmetic" (sp?) scale that
>means this isn't true. But I've never really
>understood why, how, or what it all means. Can someone
>tell me what I'm getting confused with?

Well it's true enough that it explains why ordinary life won't produce as fast an increase as heavy duty adventuring. Which is all I wanted to get from it.

(A logarithmic scale means that the ability represented by the number increases exponentially. The Hero system uses the rule that an extra 5 points in an ability mean twice as much power e.g. 5 points more in strength mean being able to lift twice as much, and another 5 points means being able to lift twice as much again).

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.