Re: Saga system

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:58:29 -0000

> I wonder if anyone in our games has ever kept track of total HP
> awarded? I know I haven't.

I've been logging hero improvements in both games, to help keep me honest in the HP allocations to cult skills.

In nine sessions of David's game I count 40 all-purpose HP and 9 directed points. I'm not sure what the span of game time is, I think something like eight seasons.

In five sessions of Jeff's Sartar game I count 20 all-purpose HP and 14 directed points. I think this has been less than two seasons (I think I started in Sea Season, 1613).

It sort of underlines what I said at the outset -- the rate of accruing HP in both games relates to the intensity of events, not the game timespan. I think Jeff has given out more directed points because we've been involved in more large-scale events, at least since I joined (The Battle of Hofstaring's Flood, The Battle of the Hills, a Stormwalk heroquest). A fair number of those directed points were on relationships to tribe and clan, as we were serving our chiefs and king.

Rob