Re: Age Old Question on Feats and Affinity Augments

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:59:41 -0000

Hi

RR is correct. I believe that the problem comes by the nomenclature feats, spells, and talents for common magic. Ostensibly the rules 'look' as though they partition the common magic by region (ie Heortlings get common magic talents). Thus individuals may declare Heortlings call their common magic feats not talents, although the rules expressly exclude magic 'not of your deity'. Its a dodge, but ultimately up to the folk concerned, GM being final arbiter.

Thus the rules state a devotee must forsake their common magic, except for the individual gaming groups invocation of YGWV and MGF. For example, in my games common magic is always active regardless of concentration, contrary to the rules. I just like it that way.

Regards
Rob