Re: Relationships

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:51:56 +0000 (GMT)

> When we had groups giving other bonus (say, a humakti warband going to war with
> you), we added their 'usual' augment bonus from their Weaponthane abilities
> _plus_ a community bonus representing their numbers and their dedication to
> your cause.
> Am I (again) far from the official rules?

Doesn't look too far from the official Mass Effort rules on p183. Except they have it going the other way round; you as leader augment the mass combat of the humakti warband.

The rules take the average ability of the group and add the community support bonus (variable level due to moral effects). I also augment with equipment and magic. Then you add your leadership ability, or even your relationship to the warband. I like the potential of this system, though I have yet to have the opportunity to test this out in a game. :-)