Re: Re: HeroQuest for Supers...

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:05:23 -0400

It sounds like HQ wouldn't be a good choice for you then. Mechanical difference really isn't what HQ does well. In fact, its strength is that every ability is mechanically identical to every other ability.

Where you can really mess around with things is in the appropriateness of an ability to the use you are trying to make of it. Then you get to throw in all kinds of situational modifiers and the like.

You could ADD crunch to the HQ system. (After all, that's what magic does.) I doubt it would even be very hard to do. I would worry it would take away from the elgance of the system to much, though. LC