Re: Re: HeroQuest for Supers...

From: Gary Sturgess <gazza666_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:01:49 +0800

On 3/30/07, Robin Laws Mail List Only <tjaderoo_at_...> wrote:
> Give the character the ability Can Be In Three Places At Once. Rate
> it and treat it as any other ability. In combat, you treat it as a combat
> rating. Describe the combat as if there are three of you running around
> whaling on your opponents. Voila, you have a duplicating hero.
>
> When in doubt, remember: in Heroquest, every ability is mechanically
> identical to every other ability.

Yes, that is the overall impression I'm getting.

I guess in the end my desire to play the supers genre includes an aspect of mechanically DIFFERENT abilities, so that is indicative that HQ perhaps doesn't work for me for this genre. I would certainly be very interested to hear from anyone who is using HQ for Supers; I am not by any means suggesting that it's "wrong" to do so, just that for me (and my players) it doesn't quite seem to do what I want it to do.

--
GAZZA