Re: One System to Rule Them All

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:01:00 -0000

> Here's something I've never understood. Let's say that, in the
current rules, you have Great Sword +5. Why not represent this as Great Sword 2W9 and take the +5 auto-augment when appropriate? Then, if the sword gets dinged up in the big fight, maybe it falls down to a 1W19 (if your style of play is that gritty). Or, if you get it enchanted, it goes up to 3W1. Why the different mechanic? Was the point to limit it to extended contests?

> Chris

Rob: Under current character gen you would need to spend a lot of points to get your great sword up to 9 and 2nr masteries. And then why don't you use that rating rather than your ability to hit with it, 17 or 13?

I think that currently the +5 is an acceptable mechanic.

However, I am now much more interested in the use of situational modifiers rather than things like equipment bonuses. They fit the game system better IMO.

Regards
Rob