Re: Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:14:22 -0500

(Now I am curious about "stake and tactic", but that's neither here nor there.)

Yes, this would make sense to me. Describe him, describe things that let me guide how he would get used in the story. If "Fighting Lancelot is insane" is story-significant (which it is) then note it. (Not sure "what "treated as a narrow" means.) Of course, if your story is about someone getting to the point where they can replace Lancelot as the greatest knight of the age, then you keep in mind that eventually that nearly impossible is going to come down, since that is what your player is aiming for.

None of this is going to convince Tim, of course, and I am sympathetic to his position.

LC