Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:51:49 -0000

Basically, yes - and that's exactly the problem for those who prefer something more concrete.

> Would you be happy with some kind of relative
> numbers? (Lancelot - Best Knight in Realms +2W)

The problem with that is that it provides no way to tell when the PCs have reached or exceeded Lancelot's ability.

Now, I suspect the HQ2 answer to that is something along the lines of "when it becomes interesting to tell a story about that", and that's fine for many people. But it's not what I'm looking for.

> I think this is one of those philosophical things that just isn't
> going to get settled,

No; indeed, I don't think it *can* be settled, because there's no "right" answer. It's like arguing whether Star Trek is better than Doctor Who - it depends purely on personal preferences.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/