Re: Carmanian Runes

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 19:46:30 +0100

L C wrote:
> I'm not sure, btw, that children would have runes that are easily
> detectable. I think for the most part, that real connection to your
> runes is something formed at initation/adulthood.

In Carmania, caste is not entirely hereditary. A Romanak could become a Vizier if they "show the right talents" (ILH-1 page 42. I think that must at least in part mean having the right runes. Considering the long training required of a Vizier, I'd suggest this selection would occur in childhood. So it seems runes are detectable in children.