Re: Re: Is HQ2 Difficult?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 14:08:59 -0400

Re: The whole GURPS thing.

I think obsessive balancing of the NPCs to match the math of the system was something I only ever really saw in D&D 3e (and maybe now 4, don't know) Even though GURPS, Champions, and other point-based systems allowed for it, most GMs I knew just ballparked it and didn't worry about it much. I think because those systems gave you XP to spend directly as points, you could handwave any imbalances away far more easily than the level-based approach in D20.

So yeah, while I suspect it's a little faster in HQ, it probably isn't as huge a difference as one might think at first glance.

LC