Re: Re: odds

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 13:16:51 -0500

Also,
this is actually a pretty major difference if you switch high-roll for low-roll.

Wins 51.3%, Loses: 45.0%
Wins 67.5%, Loses: 28.8%

(Why aren't the totals the same, btw? I am assuming they are both not including the 10 possible tie rolls, so shouldn't that be the same 2.5% missing?)

Incidentally, I recall once hearing someone mention that they think the fact the game throws up mostly marginal and minor victories is a design feature, and that there was a specific game logic to it. I don't know if this is true, but it seems like a good place to mention that. I do think the game weights toward inconclusive victories - there are even parts of the rulebook that point ou the more you roll, the more that flattens out, which is sometimes unhelpful. IF this is a design decision, would someone involved in the design care to discuss the logic behind it? It might help satisfy Dan. (And I would be curious.)