Re: Re: stretches and credibility checks - anyone else having difficulty?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:07:15 +0000

L C wrote:

> >Interestingly, to me, these are both crucial elements, that need to be
> >balanced against one another. Do away with either element and you've got
> >a game that's considerably less fun for me. But other people have, quite
> >legitimately, different objectives, and I can hardly fault HQ2 for doing
> >what it sets out to do!
>
> I think my bias is 80-20 or some such. I am not sure you can fold both
> into a single system, though.

I've heard this argument before, and I'm really not convinced by it. Especially since HQ1 seemed to get the balance about right (although it had other problems). I think a problem with recent RPGs has been that nobody seems to even be really trying to produce systems that strike the balance I prefer any more, and that's a pity.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/