Re: Re: Starships and Lifepods

From: Bo <lorgryt_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 09:30:53 -0800

This simple comment is both the hope and fear I have for the system. I am pretty open to the ideals of the system and willing to wear some pretty big suspenders for my disbelief... I am not so sure about the power gamer in my group. I already know he will be more awesome in this system than in any other, but he will not be alone and that is going to torque him. And he won't be able to spend hours researching the perfect combination of gear and tactics to "win". Worse still, he insists "you can't win an RPG except by having fun" then spends a lot of time figuring out how to outdo the rest of the players and get the most stuff.

It is this attitude that really makes me want to use HQ2, but it is also the major block to it. But, there it is. LOL

Thanks for the heads-up on my difficult approach to the system. Much appreciated.

Bo