Re: Dead tree books...

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 06:41:29 -0000

Hi,
The website requires an account but does not take credit card details. All credit card handling is done by PayPal as we are not set up to secure details of credit cards.
The reason that we require an account is that we have to have a place to store your shipping address (if ordering hard copy) or to store the links to your downloads (if ordering electronic copy). More details for those who are interestedNow you can argue, and several people have, that there are better ways to do this, so that customers can place orders to without the hassle of creating an account. However, when we ask them to give practical advice on how to achieve this, we have never received an answer.
I am the technical/website adviser to Moon Design. Here is what I know: