Re: Augmentation

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:41:12 -0000

> [Dave Bailey] At the risk of reversing the standard "rolling
low is
> good" you could divide a successful roll by 5 (round down) and
treat that as
> the augmentation value, teat a mastery as an automatic +4. e.g. a
roll of 10
> with a skill of 10w would give you +6.

I considered the same idea, except using the degree of success/5. Therefore, roll 2 on an ability of 17 makes 15 success, +6 Edge/+3 Bonus. So you still roll low. And for masteries, just treat each as another 20 success. However, I did think this a bit easy, as after 20 ability you get an automatic augment. Maybe a 20 is always a fail, even with masteries?

Wulf