Anaxial's Stats - DD's Grazer

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 18:39:19 +0000

Wulf writes

>To be fair to the argument, I also have problems with stats, Running
>speeds overall are far too slow, my main one.

I was looking briefly at Alynx & Roe Deer last week after the hunting debate here - thinking about writing up a "gamespeak" type example, and one thing I noticed was the lack of a Mastery in the predators "Hunting" ability - Given Greg's theory that "Everyone has at least a mastery in there everyday job", It seems a bit unfair to not give animals the same bonus...

Not that I'm going to lose any sleep over it, mind you. IIRC an AD&D 1st level wizard was not as tough as his pet cat, and a Badger was likely to beat a peasant in a fight any day.

Elsewhere David Dunham offered to post us a sample Grazer Character, with the caveat

> I'm not sure it's that illustrative an example of an animist
>character.

Go for it David, a less than perfect illustration is better than none at all, and it will give us a common starting point to discuss anything in it we either don't understand or disagree with - Wulf appears to be our other Animist expert here - maybe he could compare & contrast...

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |