Re: Re: Re : Tracking

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 14:45:38 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, JEFFREY KYER wrote:

> > >"It happens because it fit's the story" is far from realistic.
> >
> > So? Too much realism is a bad thing. I like my games to be
> interesting, and
> > often realism gets in the way. There are dozens of RPGs that work
> that way.
> > Hero Wars is different. I like it like that.
> >
> > Phil.
>
> In some ways, it boils down to which is more important to you as a
> narrator and to you as a player: The dice or the story?
>
> (clatter) Critical hit. Damn. Sorry. You're dead.

But the same goes for the other denizens of the world, the NPC:s. People who aren't willing to face death should do their best to stay out of fights. My characters have been through incredible things and coma back to tell about it in both a friends RQ campaign, and a Kulthea game run by very realistic H�rnmaster rules. To me it would cheapen all their accomplishments if it had been run in narrative style, and I'd have known that Narrative Forces are helping me on my way.

I like my characters to achieve their results for themselves, and for the other creatures of the world to have the same chanses.

That's just one way to play, of course. Personally I also think that HW can cater to both camps of gamers.

        -Mikko, the Adept