Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:06:47 -0000

> Cold (unenchanted) Iron should definitely hurt werewolves. Funnily
> enough I'm not sure enchanted iron (steel) would, since it no longer
> effects magic, does extra damage to elves/trolls, or anything such.

Iron certainly DOES do extra damage to Uz and Aldryami when enchanted, although, as you say, it no longer affects magic.

It
> becomes very _un_magical when enchanted.
>
> I think all pure runic metals hurt werewolves. An orlanthi sworld
made
> of enchanted (purified) Tin, an elven sword made of enchanted
copper...

Yes, all rune metals always affected Gloranthan weres (and the few other Gloranthan creatures unaffected by mundane attacks). Likewise magic affects them. Personally, I also allow suffocation, possibly poisons, and a few other 'unusual' but mundane attack forms to affect them, as well as simple exhaustion &/or morale loss - all of which can reduce a were to defeat in HW.

Wulf