Re: Re: Questions from our first session

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:12:39 +0000

On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 20:57:28 -0000, " JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>> me to the top of that tower!", and roll the Affinity with penalty as
>> decided by the Narrator. Exactly HOW you get to the top of the tower
>> is up to Orlanth/the Narrator, so long as it's within the scope of
>the
>> Affinity. Mind you, Greg also thinks the standard Improvisation
>> Penalty should be -10!
>
>I don't think this needed to be mentioned -- it certainly doesn't
>clarify things.

I mentioned it because it has been argued before on the lists, and I like the idea. Besides, I see no need to give the impression that there is but ONE TRUE WAY to use Affinities. That's been the single most prominent feature of all discussions on this list, There Is Always Another Way. Besides, giving the impression that there is anything clear about the rules is misleading...

Wulf