Re: Questions from our first session

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 04:11:03 -0000

Why would it be unique? You could have a well made item which gives a  higher edge than normal -- thus you would get a greatsword (which has an edge of 5 already). I fear I am not sure what you are getting at here. Or are you talking about an _additional_ +5 edge? That's a rather hefty bonus, I think. Most unique magic items provide abilities in their own right -- or at least that's how most folks on the list appear to have been doing it.

> Also I remember a previous post that propsed turning
> augmentation into an ability test by using the
> resistance number as a penalty on ones TN? Has anyone
> tried that?

Its been tried by a few folks. My group prefers to roll against the and see what happens. The main problem is that the difficulty or abliity test has no real downside and can be too easy to generate bonuses with.

Oh, and cutting and trimming long, recursive messages is probably a good thing rather than reposting them completely -- many folks here are recieving this in digest format.

Jeff