Re: Disciples/runelords

From: Michael Hitchens <michael_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:11:53 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> > >Disciples don't exisit until future books come out.
> > >Previous refernces are questionable.
> >
> > Well, they exist somewhere, as vaguely-described NPCs or just rumours.
> > Your Narrator could use them as part of the background, so long as he
> > doesn't try to be too detailed about their abilities (which might well
> > contradict future rules).
>
> They exist in Glorantha, they just haven't had rules written for them
> because they are so rare. In all of Dragon Pass there are maybe half a dozen
> Humakt Disciples, and he is in the top three for number of disciples. Most
> cults do not have disciples.

Whoa. That few? I'm guessing that many players, espially eq-RQers, will want to be disciples. Which means a group of them will be *big* news in the Dragon Pass area.

Most cults don't? Any ideas which do/don't?

Eg., what about Issaries and Lhankor My? Or is it a warrior cult thing (I hope not)?

Anybody ever venture a semi-offical opinion on how many RQ runelords there were? Just wondering how much of a change this is.

Michael