Re: Questions from our first session

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 02:32:42 -0000

Ah, I had wondered. Some of the examples seemed to have caused some trouble for us explain-it-all-away folks. =)

But yes, most stuff stacks up nicely. Just plain old plusses and edges.

> > the and see what happens. The main problem is that
> > the difficulty or
> > abliity test has no real downside and can be too
> > easy to generate
> > bonuses with.
>

> Gotcha--what about using GM discretion as the flow of
> the game dictates?

I don't roll for NPC's -- at least not during the game (I might do it before hand). But if you want to say 'sure, have a +2' -- that's one of the things that does speed things up. It depends on the player's mood really -- sometimes we're in a 'roll the dice' mood. Sometimes we're in a 'get the show on the road, damn the dice' mood. I'm not foolish enough to buck the tide...

Again, your group may differ. Dave's 'subtract the difficulty' method works alright -- we've tried it out but it can give some very high bonuses when you've got a good skill (But my group has learned the joys of going for the +5 (5w difficulty) with their powerful affinities...

> > Oh, and cutting and trimming long, recursive
> > messages is probably a
> > good thing rather than reposting them completely --
> > many folks here
> > are recieving this in digest format.
>

> How do I get digest? Is that better?

You go to the web-page and set yourself to 'digest' mode (or read the header at the bottom of the messages and follow that). As to better, it bundles up all the messages into groups of 25 and mails them out.

I was just commenting on the general need to trim messages when replying to posts.

Jeff