Re: Passion spirits & automatic augmentation

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:57:40 +0100

Il giorno 16-01-2001 12:31, Mikko Korhonen, mikko.korhonen_at_... ha scritto:

> Other question: is there anyone who has tried automatic augmentation
> with other abilities(magical or mundane)in their games? Example in HW
> handout stated one character using his rippling muscles(strong) to
> automaticly augment his Close Combat- skill, but didn't give any way
> to handle it.

    I use a rule of thumb for NPCs (as I'm usually too lazy to roll for them): +1/+2 for every 10 points in the augmenting ability. They also automatically lend AP up to half the rating in the ability they use to lend. But I always require an action (a shot?) to power-up. Rippling muscles requires an action to flex and show them.

    For magical items, I give them a fixed bonus (as I don't use weapon/armor ranks) and/or a rating to evoke their special power - but, again, to do so requires action. So frex the Golden Armor of the Griffin gives a -2 handicap to those who attacks its wearer in close combat (because it's a plate armor, because it glows...) and has rating that can be used to augment light and fire magic, to fly and so on.

--
Regards,
Alexandre.