Re: Re: Augment questions

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:48:32 +0000

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:19:17 +0200 (EET), Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...> wrote:

>> I can assure you there are some martial art's moves you would not try
>> with out limbering up first !
>
>While this is true I certainly don't see this leading to telegraphing an
>attack by doing a showy routine before the attack. The only reason I can
>think of is that one may hope the "badass karate dude" show unnerves the
>opponent.

I think you're being too realistic here. If it works for Bruce lee, it works in HW. Likewise Xena's war-whoop, her fancy acrobatics and her sword-twirling. Somewhat more realistically, archers in competition frequently take a long, deep breath & a calming few seconds before every shot. Minotaurs always start a fight by standing, legs akimbo, fists clenched, bellowing at their opponents - in my Glorantha.

What Dragonewts do, I haven't decided yet, but it'll be impressive...

Wulf